As a parent, a spouse, a member of a blended family, and a small business owner, my background gives me some perspective on what many of my clients’ concerns are. I’ve experienced the loss of a loved one who had no estate plan at all, and the added stress and confusion that caused. These and other events in my life have given me the compassion and motivation to help others through the estate planning process.
Before embarking on my legal career, I had an extensive background in real estate, banking, and small business. Over the years I’ve developed strong ties to my community and I deeply value client relationships.
After graduating from law school, I passed the California bar exam on my first attempt and promptly began practicing in my chosen field of estate planning. I host quarterly workshops to educate community members on estate planning topics. I enjoy helping others by providing clear advice and options to protect both financial and personal interests. My mission is to demystify the process and help clients achieve the peace of mind that comes with knowing your affairs are in order no matter what happens.
My personal interests include spending time with my wonderful family and friends, trail running, reading, and weekends at the lake.
- Humboldt County Bar Association
- Humboldt-Del Norte Council on Estate Planning
- Greater Eureka Chamber of Commerce
- State Bar of California, Trusts & Estates Section
- California Women Lawyers
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- American Bar Association
- CASA of Humboldt, Board Member, 2015 – Present
- Soroptimist International of Humboldt Bay, Board Member, 2015 – Present
- Volunteer & Sponsor, PacOut Green Team
- Annual CASA Kid Walk Team Sponsor
- Founder, PETRUSHA LAW Employer-Paid Volunteer Program